USG-0103 - RF Signal Generator
GW Instek debuts the brand new USG-Series RF signal generator, which comes with five models to meet users’ requirements and is a pocket-sized, and USB interface compatible RF signal generator with the frequency range from 35MHz to 4400MHz. The USG-Series provides continuous wave (CW) signal outputs without any signal modulation function. The built-in electronic attenuator of the USG-Series allows an adjustable power range from -30dBm to 0dBm. The USG-Series has several operational modes including fixed frequency, frequency sweep, frequency hopping, and power sweep. The USB-Series RF signal generator, with the frequency bandwidth limitation, provides lower harmonic output performance.
Figure 1 shows the test result of USG-LF44 simultaneous power sweep and frequency sweep. The test result covers the frequency range from 35MHz to 4400MHz and the power range from -30dBm to 0dBm. The yellow trace illustrates the test result of maximum hold and the pink trace shows the test result Figure 1 of signal output.
- The USG-Series RF signal generator, with the excellent performance, is a valuable and economical choice to meet users’ test requirements.
- The USG-Series features the spectral purity of 107dBc/Hz, dwell time of 1ms, frequency offset setting of ±50kHz, and frequency resolution of 10kHz.
- Utilizing the PC USB interface to supply power and to control USG yields the convenience of rapid installment for all electronic products under a plug-in and use basis.
- The clearly explained application software helps users quickly familiarize the operational method that greatly reduces learning time.
- The USG program compatibility has been enhanced by the PC application program supporting different operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux, Android & Mac OS X.
Target Markets and Applications
USG-Series signal generator has a very wide application range. Educational institutions and electronic component manufacturers use signal generator for the following applications:
- As the reference signal source for phase-locked loop and analog-to-digital converter.
- As the local oscillator for frequency converter and IQ modulator.
- Using two or more USGs for amplifier inter-modulation distortion test.
- Connecting with an external amplifier to produce an interference signal source.
- Connecting with an external attenuator to produce a feeble signal to test the sensitivity of a receiver.
- Connecting with a USB power sensor to test insertion loss for RF components such as cable, filter, and
- As the tracking generator for spectrum analyzer to conduct measurement functions of scalar network
|A USG CD-ROM provides dedicated PC application programs, which were developed under JAVA software* structure. Users must install JAVA software to use USG PC application programs, which support operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux & Mac OS X through the USB interface.|
|Users can download USG APP to smart phone or tablet with Android 4.0 or above. To operate USG, use USB-OTG connecting cable to connect tablet (or smart phone) and USG. The Android APP application software for the USG signal generator is available on Google Play Store.
|The USG signal generator can be designated as the tracking generator for GSP-730 spectrum analyzer to conduct measurement functions of scalar network analyzer. A USG CD-ROM provides PC application programs for the Primary RF software. Users can, using a Windows OS computer, control USG and GSP-730 via the Primary RF software. The NI-488.2 software** must be installed first before installing Primary RF software.|
|Frequency Range||100 MHz to 300 MHz|
|Output Power||-30 dBm to 0 dBm, in 1 dB steps|
|Internal Regerence Frequency||25 MHz , aging ±1 ppm at first year|
(0dBm Output Level)
|± 100 Hz at 100MHz|
|Output Isolation||≦ -75 dBc , Output Control On/Off|
|Mode Control||Fixed Frequency / Single Sweep / CW Sweep / Hopping / Power sweep|
|Step Dwell||≦1000 ms in 1 ms steps|
|Frequency Offest||-50 kHz to 50 kHz in 10 kHz steps|
(0dBm Output Level)
|-3 dBm to -2 dBm, typical|
|Carrier frequency||fc = 200 MHz|
|At 10kHz offset frequency||<-100 dBc/Hz, typical|
|At 100kHz offset frequency||<-110 dBc/Hz, typical|
(0 dB Attenuation)
|≦ -45 dBc, typical >100 MHz|
(0 dB Attenuation)
|≦-7dBc typical, ≦150MHz ≦ -35 dBc, typical >150 MHz|
|Spurious related to Resolution settings||≦ -30 dBc, typical , Resolution < 1MHz
≦ -65 dBc, typical , Resolution ≧ 1MHz
|Spurious related to the fundamental output||≦ -60 dBc, typical|
|USB Connector Type||Mini B|
|Supply Voltage||5V nominal|
|RF Connector Type||N-type male|
|Impedance||50 Ohm nominal|
|Output VSWR||< 1.5:1 , Output Level @ -30dBm|
|Maximum permissible DC voltage||±25V|
|Maximum Reverse power||+30dBm (1W)|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||EN 55011 class A, EN 61326-1 (industrial environment), EN 61326-2-1, EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-11|
|Dimensions & Weight||30mm(W) x 103mm(H) x 30mm(D), Approx. 100g|
Do you have a RF Signal Generator that needs to be calibrated?
We offer standard traceable calibration and ISO 17025 accredited calibration services.Get your RF Signal Generator calibrated today! Click Here!